The Playful Herbarium - March
an outdoor hunt for spring's secrets and treasures
Do your children seem to be willing to spend all the springtime indoors? Playful Herbarium won't let them miss a single opportunity to go outdoors in search for herbs and fairies:)
- Want to get the kids moving and sensing the real world while learning?
- Three step approach: love-learn-care: Children will play outdoors discovering spring herbs - and then the worksheets will provide them with information and suggest possible action to take care about their garden (whatever scale it may have).
- You will be reading a story of three siblings and their adventure with garden fairies, followed by tips on how to attract your own fairies and other useful creatures.
- No more boring pictures of something away from the children's interest - they will have the first-hand experience.
- Encourages children to build up their sensitivity to all living creatures and develop a close relationship with them.
What do you get
- a guide to spring wonders in your garden (or it can be even a small terrace with a single flowerpot)
- 30 pages full of inspiration on how to discover the world of herbs with fairy-guides
- worksheets for six herbs: coltsfoot, ground-ivy, chickweed, sweet violet, nettle and mint
- fragile yet lively pictures that will encourage your own drawings
- endless source of activities connected with investigation, caring for and tasting spring herbs (no more calling them weeds!)
- children encouraged to search in every corner of garden and bring you every seed and sprout (and talking about them and the fairy-stories for hours)
how the playful herbarium looks like:
© Lessons in Grass 2022